We're taking a look at how-to get the GLOW skin in Fortnite! This is the new Samsung Galaxy promotional skin that has replaced the very popular iKONIK cosmetic. You'll need to have an existing participating device, or purchase a new one to acquire this outfit.
GLOW is a Legendary Outfit and comes exclusively with the Levitate emote. The emote cannot be used by any other outfit, and will only be available when you are wearing this skin in-game.
Source: Pro Game Guides
You don't necessarily need a new device to acquire this cosmetic along with its exclusive emote. If you own one of the following devices, you can obtain this for free. Here are the devices that qualify:
Samsung Galaxy Note10, Note10+ or Note10+ 5G, S10e, S10, S10+ or S10 5G, Note9, S9, S9+, Note8, S8, S8+ or S8 Active, S7, S7 edge or S7 Active, Tab S6, Tab S4, Tab S3 or Tab S3 Wi-Fi, A9, A70, A80 or A90
If you don't have one of those, you'll need to purchase one! Once you have the device, follow these instructions to redeem it:
- Download and launch Fortnite from the Galaxy Store or Galaxy Game Launcher on your qualifying Samsung Galaxy device.
- Sign in to your Epic Games account or sign up for a new Epic Games account.
- Go to the Store. The Fortnite GLOW outfit should appear in the Store under Limited Time Offers. Tap on it. Make sure your store is set to Samsung in Settings > Account > Content > Android Store Selection. If the Android Store Selection does not appear in your Settings, and you successfully downloaded Fortnite via the Galaxy Store or Game Launcher on an eligible Galaxy device, the Android Store is automatically set to Samsung Store. If you side-loaded the Fortnite APK via Epicgames.com/fortnite, you have a choice between Samsung Store or Epic Games Store in the Android Store Selection, and it must be set to Samsung to redeem the Fortnite GLOW outfit. If you downloaded Fortnite on a Samsung Galaxy device, but do not see an Android Store Selection in your Settings, and your store isn't automatically set to Samsung Store, your device is a) not a Samsung device, b) has been rooted and is no longer eligible for the promotion, or c) is not an eligible device as listed in the terms & conditions.
- A notice will pop up asking you to register a credit card, if you have not done so already. Click Next on the pop-up and register a credit card (your card will not be charged).
- Tap the Fortnite GLOW outfit again to choose the option to redeem the outfit and emote for yourself, or gift it to a friend, by 12/31/19. 2FA will need to be enabled for Gifting.
- Your Fortnite GLOW outfit will be available in your LOCKER. You will also receive the Levitate emote as part of this redemption process.
You have until 12/31/19 at 11:59pm ET to redeem the GLOW cosmetic. It will likely then be replaced by another cosmetic set at that point.